Mornings With Maddox

Saturday, August 27, 2011
I've been really thinking a lot lately about just getting shots of my family doing things they enjoy on a daily basis.  My mom will tell me all these stories about things we did when I was a baby or a young child, and of course there are some pictures, but I wish I could actually see us doing more of those things.  Sometimes you choose what to remember, and sometimes you forget some of the best things because you're so focused on the not so good.  I find myself attracted to a kind of grungy, 70's look because I can imagine that was kind of what my mom and dad were like back then (even though I was actually born in 1980).  I like the way those pictures look from back then..... and pictures like this of me with my kids make me feel nostalgic.
I wanted to document my mornings with Maddox because I love them so much (even if they do start earlier than I would like!).  He has started waking up about 6:00am most days, and he is such a happy, little camper.  He loves to play, loves his bottle and cereal, and loves his floor time.  This particular morning I laid him in his bed to play a while while I put up all of his laundry.  He just kicked around and laughed.  Made me have to go grab my camera!










0 comments:

Post a Comment