Visitors at the Hurst House (WILD visitors!)

Monday, August 1, 2011
We were sad when we left Pleasanton because we had tons of deer that visited our yard daily, a little fox that roamed around, a porch full of tree frogs that the kids loved to chase, the occasional bat flying blindly around our back door, and so many pretty birds!  I just figured when we moved here we would be losing all of that.  But the house we are renting is on over an acre, and it is kind of on the outskirts of town, and lately I have been surprised by some wildlife.  First, we saw a small deer wandering around our yard, trying to eat our rock hard pears that are obviously not ripe yet, and today I saw her again.  A couple of days later, I called Paxton and the kids to the back door to see the giant bobcat at the back of the lot.  The next morning I found a huge snake while pushing Jaxson's bubble mower at 7:00am.  One of Paxton's agents was staying with us and Paxton had just left for work, and he came out and killed it for me because I was so scared since Jaxson was with me.  I think it was just a "chicken" snake, and feel kind of bad about it now, but I don't really know how to analyze a snake in 2 minutes when it's head is up and it's hissing and I am basically standing right on top of it.  SCARY!  We also have this giant, goofy road runner that darts around from yard to yard, and yesterday we caught him chasing down a female, and boy was he on the prowl!  He kept swooping down right in front of her like "How you doin'??".   Then I saw a tiny, baby deer (white spots and all) run out from behind our garage when I was taking out the trash.  Anyway, I don't have pictures of all of these little critters, but here are a couple.


0 comments:

Post a Comment