Welcome to the Hurst Blog!

Thursday, February 5, 2009


I feel like I have done a pretty okay job of keeping everyone informed of all the changes in our lives, and we all know I have BOMBARDED you with pictures of my little ones every chance I get. However, this will make it easier to keep in touch and update everyone at once.


We moved from Melissa when Jaxson was 1 month old (he is now 7 months, and Channing is 3 1/2). For the first 2 weeks or so I drove around this town looking for something to like, and it was a struggle. Raging hormones DID NOT help. But now we have settled in, met some WONDERFUL people, and feel at home here. We're close to San Antonio, close to the beach, have more time as a family, and overall feel we made the right decision. Being so far from family is hard, but that's the only real drawback. We are renting a house that we moved into expecting to purchase, but have now decided to build a home in a nearby neighborhood on 1.7 acres. We just closed on the loan, and construction should start within a week or so. It is about 2500 sq. ft., 4 bedrooms with a playroom- and the lot is covered in trees.


Everyone is doing fine... Paxton is enjoying his new management position and is looking forward to all the great hunting here. I started running again this year, and will run a 1/2 marathon on Feb. 15 with my friend Juli, and my sister-in-law Laura. Julie and I ran 9 miles on Sunday- our longest run EVER, and it was pretty easy! I am also really working on learning photography, and would love to have my own studio eventually. I also just returned from a girl's trip to Mexico for my best friend Stacie's 30th birthday. My wonderful family let me go and kept my babies, so I am thankful to them! Channing loves dance and is doing great at the church school 2 days a week. She is like a sponge, and picks everything up, good or bad! She learned to snap, which just adds to her sassy vocabulary, and it's hard not to laugh. Jaxson is crawling, pulling up, and generally a pleasure most of the time (if he would only sleep all night!).


I look forward to updating this blog, and hope to receive updates from you all as well!

2 comments:

The Whitt Family said...

Oh, yeah! I'm so excited you have a blog!!!

The Giggling Begins... said...

Yeah you have a blog now! I saw it on myspace that you had it! Add me to yours too! Channing and Jackson are precious! I'm glad you're getting settled and enjoying it down there! Blogs are fun!

Post a Comment