Our First Garden!!

Friday, November 11, 2011
I've always wanted a garden, but really lacking a green thumb.  Plus, we're always moving so I just wasn't into it.  This year, even though we're renting and aren't sure how long we'll be in this house, I decided to quit putting things on hold.  The kids love banana peppers, so we grew those, jalapenos, basil, and tomatoes.  I didn't get one tomato all spring and summer.  No, I take that back..... I got ONE!  But we kept watering, and got a huge crop in the fall.  I tried pickling the peppers, but unfortunately the kids still like quiznos banana peppers better.... go figure!!  We had to go out and pick everything before our first frost, so I am about to try anothet "first"..... canning!  Going to make chow-chow!  We'll see!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment