Vienna, Austria

Wednesday, July 7, 2010


Please bear with me.... about 8 weeks now and morning sickness has kicked in and is very angry and ugly this time around!!  Really don't feel like typing this, or really even getting out of bed, but here goes.  Vienna was GORGEOUS.... Farm Bureau treats us like royalty on these trips and takes care of every detail from the time we arrive at the airport on the first day until the moment we set foot on U.S. soil!  I feel so lucky, and Paxton and I say all the time how he will probably be with FB forever because they take such good care of their people.  One of the best parts was getting so much time with our good friends Jeff, Allyson, and Heath and Laurie.  We all have a blast together.   Day 1 was not the best.... we had flown all night, I slept a couple of hours and paxton slept zero, and then everyone was ready to hang out when we got there.  I kept up for a little while, sipping on my awful water "with gas" and artificial lemon juice.  Finally discovered half way through the trip that I need to order water with NO GAS and skip the lemon!  Anyway, I finally went to the room about 5pm, watched pay per view, ordered room service, and missed my kids.  Paxton came up much later.  Day 2: went to Salzburg, which is a GORGEOUS city and the setting for The Sound of Music.  Although we missed half of it because Paxton got carsick and they wouldn't let us stay on the bus for the tour.... so he slept on a park bench while I say there feeling sorry for myself :).  I promise, it gets better.  That day was pretty much wasted though.  The next day we went back to Salzburg and then up to Eagles Nest, which was the most gorgeous view I had ever seen.  That day was fun... we went with Tom, Becky, Christel, Ross, Cassie, and JP, and that night we kind of split up boys and girls and did some shopping and relaxing.  Paxton and I opted out of any road trips the remaining days and just explored Vienna, although we did spend one half day lounging in bed watching movies....may just have been the best day we had!  The gala was gorgeous at Holfburg (sp??) Palace, with soldiers and white horses greeting us as we arrived in our ball gowns.  We are felt so special and glamorous!  That night was awesome.....  we waltzed, and listened to opera, and did things we would probably never do here.  When it was finally time to come home, I was ready.  Seeing the kids was like Christmas, even better, and their faces were priceless when they saw us!



0 comments:

Post a Comment