My Sweet Channing (5) and Jaxson (2.5)

Monday, January 10, 2011
Wanted to take a few minutes while I am thinking about it to update my blog all about Channing and Jaxson before we start moving, and before Maddox makes his appearance.
Channing: She turned 5 in August and I can't believe how much she has changed, and how fast time goes by.  Sometimes I need to remind myself to enjoy every minute with her, and to not let it bother me when she wants Paxton or me with her constantly, because the day could be coming when she will want us far away.  She is independent in some ways, and very cautious in others, which is okay with me because it keeps her safe.  It sometimes takes her a while to warm up to new people or things, but once she does, she is so outgoing and full of life.  She has excelled in our pre-k program and is reading and doing such a great job of sounding out words.  Out of all the things that worry me most about moving right now are having to take her out of Ms. Robin's, and making her start over somewhere else.  But she is young, and much better now than 3 years from now.  She loves Jaxson, and really is a helper with him.  Their relationship makes me so proud and happy, even though they can fight like wild animals (that drives me CRAZY!).  Here are the things she loves (from her mouth): "my family, cousins, my mom, my bother, my dad, pasta, pizza, my dolls, incredible pizza company, butterflies".  
Jaxson:  He turned 2 in June and is everything you would expect a 2 year old boy to be.... rowdy, sweet, lovable, unpredictable, grouchy.... all rolled into one.  He's a pretty good sleeper, and little easier to get to bed than his sister, and speaks (in my opinion anyway) really, really well for a 2 year old boy.  I know that is partly because of Channing, and we are all just big talkers in this family.  He has awesome hand eye coordination and is good with scissors, pens, crayons, etc.  He works and works at getting it right.  Getting his pacifier away may be a BIG deal because he loves it at night time and nap time, and potty training may be an even bigger deal because some days he'll do it, and some days, forget it.  He just doesn't show much interest.  Right now he stays home with me a majority of the time, and goes to a friends house one or two mornings a week for a few hours.  Once we get settled into our new place we will look at mother's day out, because mother is going to need it!







0 comments:

Post a Comment