Updates: The passing of my sweet Pappy, and getting moved in

Monday, January 31, 2011
After 3 years of highs and lows, my wonderful, lovable Pappy passed away 2 nights ago.  Although we all knew it was coming, getting the call was still somewhat shocking, and so sad.  He was the person I looked forward to seeing more than anyone when we made our Abilene trips... always made me feel like I was the only person alive.  We had a special bond.... loved to talk about politics and football, and I loved him so much that I always agreed with anything he said.  I spent so much time with my Nana and Pappy as a young child, have maintained an extremely close relationship with them both, and I know that my Nana needs all of our prayers right now.  We will all miss him, and he will always have a special place in my heart.  We will be heading to Abilene for his service on Friday.

On the topic of moving, where to start???!!!!  We did it!  Got our house reasonably unpacked and settled over a week before Maddox gets here.  The pics below.... I didn't take them.  Haven't even touched my camera.  But they were on the real estate website.  The kids have slept in their own beds since we got here, every room looks okay (except the playroom-- DISASTER!), and although 1/4 of the house is in boxes, we plan to leave it that way because HOPEFULLY a year will be the longest we will be here.  We are happy that there is a pool here, but obviously won't be using it for a while (the high is 20 over the next 2 days!).  My dr. appointment has been cancelled for tomorrow because of the weather, and since I haven't been for a checkup in over 2 weeks, I hope I get to get checked out before my c-section next week.  My mother-in-law says teenagers have babies everyday in bathrooms with no pre-natal care, so surely it will be okay :) .  I can always count on her for a new perspective!

0 comments:

Post a Comment