Our First Week Home With Maddox

Thursday, February 17, 2011
Bringing Maddox home to a settled house, and knowing we weren't going to have to move, was a treat.  And finding that he was still a laid back, awesome baby at home was an even bigger treat.  We had family bring meals, and friends came to visit, and I think we have all enjoyed every minute of this.  Paxton took a few extra days to help me adjust, took Channing and Jaxson to run errands, and I got so much time those first few days to bond with Maddox.  On Monday, Feb. 14 we took him for his first check-up.  He was a textbook perfect newborn, cooperating with our new doctor (I LOVE her!), and was almost back up to his birth weight at 7lbs.  He made eye contact with her, and the only part that really hacked him off was the hip clicking, which looks miserably painful so I don't blame him one bit for screaming his head off.
Aunt Jan and Gracie

First morning home!

Doing what he does best!

All my babies!

Brook with Chann and Karlie

Michael and Karlie

Grayson and Pac

Uncle Payton

Heading to the Doctor!

0 comments:

Post a Comment