Our Day at the American Girl Store!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Channing had been waiting for this day for 3 months..... and although she really didn't know all that much about American Girl or the dolls, I had started prepping her and showing her stuff online.  My aunt sent her the Kit Kidridge movie and my Dad and Deb had gotten her a American Girl scrapbook (and although she didn't know it, Mimi had been stocking up on goodies as well), so she was set.  Anyway, that day was crazy... we waited in line forever just to get into the parking garage at the Galleria in Dallas, and then we walked into the packed Gran Lux Cafe for lunch.  Mack came along to help keep Jaxson under control (Paxton was back in Pleasanton working for a few days before Christmas), and we all met Jade and Paige.  Lunch was good, then off to the store.  I'm not going to lie.... I was a little stressed.  That store is expensive, and it is hard for the girls to see all that and be happy with only the doll (and for anyone who doesn't know.... the dolls are $95.00).  Mimi and Papaw bought the doll as part of her Christmas, and we picked out the historical 70's cutie, Julie, and I splurged on matching pj's for Julie and Channing.  Jade picked a doll that she named herself.  Jade and Paige left afterwards and the rest of us went into the mall to find Santa.  Of course he was feeding the reindeer for the next hour, so Mack was nice enough to stand in line while we went to get a snack.  Jaxson was so tired and wanted me to carry him, so there I was, 31 weeks pregnant walking through the mall holding my big baby boy, with a pair of too high wedge boots.... that day WORE ME OUT.  But, the kids got to see Santa, Channing got her doll, and everyone was happy!









0 comments:

Post a Comment