Maddox Meets Grandmother

Tuesday, May 10, 2011
When Maddox was about 8 weeks old, I took him to Shamrock to meet my Grandparents.  My Grandmother has always been such an important person in my life, and since she married my Grandpa, he has been, too.  Has treated us just like his own.  My Grandmother has Alzheimer's, and she is managing quite well and seems to be progressing rather slowly.  She has her moments of confusion and near-panic, but over-all, still very "with it".  I drove to the panhandle by myself with Maddox, but it is only about 4.5 hours from here, and I feel blessed that I have the opportunity to live closer to family again so that I can do these things easier.  She was soooo good with him, and he just listened to her talk and sing, and smiled at her.  I was in heaven watching them together.  Grandpa made the best meals while we were there, and it was such a relaxing, peaceful visit out in the country.  The only downfall was that this was in the middle of the high winds we were having and fires were breaking out everywhere.  I was nervous about getting on the road to come home, but it all went okay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment