Maddox's 4 Month Dr. Visit

Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Took Maddox to see Dr. Kim today.  We waited much longer than usual, but Maddox and Jaxson were both on their best behavior, and so it was okay.  Of course the vaccinations were the most dreaded part, and of course we both cried (I just cried on the inside, and Maddox cried a blood curdling scream).  The other dreaded part was the helmet talk, which I knew was coming.  Because I made the mistake of laying Maddox on the same side almost every night for the first month of his life (he had bad reflux, and I would lay him on his side in his co-cleeper so he wouldn't choke, and so I could always see his face), his head is a little lopsided.  It is not getting better on it's own, so I was sent away with handouts and contact info. for helmet providers.  I think the doc got a kick out of me calling my child's head "jacked up", and she said that is usually something she only says about her clients in her own mind, not out loud.  I explained to her that we are family who finds the value at laughing at ourselves and our helpless newborns.  Poor Maddox!  Really, if this would have happened with Channing (my first), it would have the end of the world, and I do feel guilty that I didn't think about what I was doing, but it isn't the end of the world, and hopefully he'll only have to wear it about 12 weeks.   But other than that he is perfect... 75% for weight and 50% for height and 50% for head circ.  He is sleeping 11 0r 12 hours straight at night.... yipppeee.... eats well, smiles and laughs a lot, and is a wonderful, perfect addition to our family!  We all love him so much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment