Dear Channing, Jaxson, and Baby Hurst.....

Tuesday, August 10, 2010
It's only been 2 days and already I am counting the minutes until you get home from Mimi and Papaw's, and I am also counting the minutes until our new little Baby Hurst is born!  I needed the break.... I have been feeling so sick and so tired, and wanted you to have the chance to get away so you could have fun,  swim, and do some new things before the end of summer.  I know you have a blast  there, and it is a blessing for us all, because it just makes me realize how precious my time with you really is, and how fast all of this is actually going by.  Lately I cry when I hear songs about babies getting older, and leaving home, going to college, getting married, etc......  and although all of those times will be happy and wonderful, they will be hard too, because I just want to keep you with me, even thought that is selfish and I never would.  I pray that you will always know that Daddy and I are here to guide, comfort, support, and protect you, even when we also have to discipline you and let you learn lessons on your own.  I pray that I will be the kind of parent that will not always be giving advice and judging your decisions, but a parent that you will want to seek guidance and advice from when you need it.  I pray, Channing, that you will see me as your friend, even though there will be times when I know you will see me as the enemy.  Just know that I will always be looking out for what is best.  Jaxson, I pray that someday you can be the kind of father and husband that your Dad is to you, and you all will find the happiness in your own families that we have found together.  Baby Hurst, I heard your sweet heartbeat today, and I just pray that you will get here safely and in perfect health, and know that we are all here to love and welcome you with open arms and hearts.  Thank you all for the happiness you give me everyday, and Lord, please help me to realize these things on the days when it is not so easy to do!
Love,
Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment