More conversations with a 2 year old.....

Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Paxton is putting Channing to bed, and I just came out of Jaxson's room.  Here's how it goes down.... I am rocking him, telling him about God, he wants to talk about Santa Claus, then I ask him some random questions:
"Jaxson, how old are you?"
He responds "5".
"No you're not.... you're 2. Sissy is 5."
"No she's not!" he yells, "Daddy is 5!".
"No Jaxson, Sissy is the only one who is 5.  You are 2."
"Oh", he replies.  Then he bumps something in the dark and cries.  I ask what is wrong.  He screams that he hurt his shoulder as he rubs his knee.  I explain that his shoulders are "up here.  That is your knee".  "No it's not!" he yells.
Finally I get him into bed, and I think I am making my escape.  He says "Oh, I gotta go poop real bad!".  Darn!  He didn't care about bodily functions when he was going "tee tee" all over his chair tonight at the table.  But since I am giving potty training a try, gotta give in.  So there we go.... he sits and grins at me for at least 5 minutes or so.  Not even a push or a grunt.  He has played me..... again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment