Last Week's LONG Road Trip.... Shamrock and Abilene in 48 Hours!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010
I have been wanting to see my family so badly, and especially my grandparents, so we decided to quit putting it off, and took off Friday for Shamrock, located up in the panhandle near Amarillo (about 8 or 9 hours from here).  I am SO PROUD of how well the kids did... I think we stopped once to eat, and once to get gas and use the potty.  Channing NEVER slept!  Anyway, the long drive was worth it because we got to see my grandparents, Dad and Deb, Kristin and Sean, and Chloe and Caden.  Molly was with her mom. The kids had a BLAST playing in the yard, and Chloe and Channing did cart wheels galore!  Caden is such a sweet boy, and loved seeing Channing and Jaxson as well.  They still think of Jaxson as the baby and love to hold him and love on him.  And Jax acts kind of like... "Don't hold me.  I'm a Big Boy!".  The next day (yes.... after driving for 9 hours we left the next day!), we headed to Abilene to see my Nana, Pappy, Aunt Jan, Uncle Gary, and Megan and Gracie.  I was shocked at how much Megan and Gracie have changed since we saw them at Christmas... both just so tall and BEAUTIFUL, and Channing thinks they are the coolest girls EVER.   Jaxson cried for Gracie for at least 30 minutes before bed.  We were excited to get to see Gracie play baseball.... she is awesome and on such a great team.  By the time I got my camera out Sunday morning, Megan was with friends and I didn't want to embarrass her by making her pose for the camera, but I got a couple of Gracie in action!  Also, Jaxson was smitten with Nana.... sharing her snow cones and making her mud pies, and he gave Pappy a big kiss first thing.  The next day (Sunday) we met Mack and Mary Ann for lunch and they picked up the kids for the week.  Thank you M&M.... you are wonderful grandparents and lifesavers!
chann, chloe, and sadie
sadie chasing jax
chloe, jax, caden, chann
kristin and caden

time for gymnastics!





nanny deb with grandkids
my beautiful grandmother

my favorite guys!  


chann watching the game
jax in his shades
my sweet Nana with kids

Aunt Jan with Channing
Gracie getting ready to slam it!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment