The Things that are Saving my Life Right Now!

Monday, August 2, 2010
Well, I have blogged and complained and whined my way through this first trimester... and thankfully I believe it is coming to an end!  My bad days seem to be outnumbered by my good days, and that is a good thing!  Having company and staying busy seems to help, although it catches up with me and yesterday I was pretty exhausted and not feeling too hot.  But, I knew Chann and I needed some time alone, and we both seriously needed some clothes, so we went on a girl's day shopping in SA.  And there is NOTHING like a girl's day with my Ultimate Girl, Channing Grace!  I set no time limit for us, didn't rush her while she tried on outfit after outfit that "bothered" her because, well, "Can't you see MOM, there are buttons on the pockets!" or "No way... can't do this, look when I sit down.... these pants are a little tight around my knees!", or "NO- whoever said Gap panties are comfortable were LYING!".  She is a persnickety little thing.... but still so much fun when we get off on our own.  But my point to the "life saving" I mention in the title of this post.....  GAP is really WAY too expensive according to my budget, BUT, they have the most awesome non-maternity clothing for those of us not quite fitting into our normal wardrobe but also not ready for the ole maternity transition.  Their oversized t-shirts feel like HEAVEN, they have cute denim leggins, their lounge wear is just so soft and fits so good.... I was happy to spend the little extra $$ and it really cheered me up!  My 2nd splurge yesterday was on the Gabrielle Reese maternity workout video and a new exercise ball.  Only 15 minutes and is structured around how far you are along.  It was challenging enough to make me feel like I was getting something out of it, but not brutal.  And she is not a perky, cheesy aerobics instructor, which I really love.  So, between Gap and Gabrielle, I just might survive the next couple of weeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment